You will be joining a community of diverse, hard-working parents who are all pitching in to make this preschool the best it can be, for the sake of themselves as well as their children. Each member will be asked to do the following once enrolled:
- Attend all scheduled parent meetings. There is 14 hours of volunteer time that must be fulfilled. Every parent meeting counts as one hour. There will be 8-9 parent meetings. The rest is accumulated with special projects or events the school puts together.
- Fulfill 5 hours of clean up time. This can be done by participating in the two clean up parties one in January and one at the end of the year. You may also volunteer to take home toys, furniture, or other things kids often use throughout the year to clean.
- Work in your child's classroom one day per week.
- Participate in preschool fundraisers or make a monetary donation.
- Sign up for a committee or serve on the board to ensure the smooth operation of our preschool.
Click to add text, images, and other content
Beyond the duties of each family that attends Darcy Read Memorial Preschool, there is a special child, your child, who enjoys having you actively involved in their preschool experience. We want each child who attends our program to know that they are special and valued for who they are. We encourage you, the parent, to relish this time with your child and enjoy them as they play and learn. We also want to help you to remember this time that you two share together. We do this in the following ways:
- Each family is to create a scrapbook for their child documenting the year that they have shared together. The scrapbook can be as fancy you as you want it to be. We encourage you to include your child's artwork and lots and lots of photographs. Work parties will be set up throughout the school year for parents to share photos with other families and work on this sure to be cherished book. The scrapbook will be given to your child upon graduating at the end of the year.
- Each child will have a special day or week based on their age group where they will be able to choose a story to be shared with the class, the snack for the day, bring a show and tell item and take our class bear home for the weekend to write about their adventures together. Each child will also make and decorate a crown to wear and be sung a special song at snacktime.